Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My milkshake....


By Kellis was No. 1 this day 3 years ago....when my little Baby Eilis was born. Actually it was exactly at this time....9am....by C. Section...after a little bit of labour...!!


Unfortunately, today I have to go to Dublin to a v important work meeting, so I'm not going to be home in time but we had a little party at the weekend. She knew that the weekend was her 'party' and that today is her 'birthday' and we sent a cake to the creche and herself and her Dad will call next door for another little mini party with her fav. neighbours. Let me see if I have any suitable pics for the occasion.....




Here's the little mite, only a few hours old...thankfully her swelled oul mamma isn't in the pic - I looked dreadful! I never want to be the first mum of the new year...couldn't imagine having to have pics taken of you after the ordeal....or smiling for the newspaper/news. Good luck!

So my little chicken is 3 today....can't believe how quick the time flies. Some other things of note for the 31st of January are:

On Jan. 31, 1865, the House of Representatives passed a constitutional amendment to abolish slavery.

1797 - Composer Franz Schubert was born in Vienna, Austria

1958 - The United States entered the Space Age with its first successful launch of a satellite into orbit, Explorer I.

In 1983 a new law was introduced in the UK requiring that Drivers and front-seat passengers must wear seatbelts under a new law designed to reduce road deaths.

1990 - McDonald's Corp. opened its first fast-food restaurant in Moscow

Justin Timberlake turns 26 years old today. Minnie Driver is 37 today.

That's it, must run and get myself sorted for later.....and will post some birthday pics soon.

No comments: