Monday, June 30, 2008

Finally....



I decided to get my act together and post....and yet, it's not going to be a long one. I've kept putting if off, saying I better get pics together, etc, but the more you put things off due to lack of preparation, the less likely you are to do it at all. So....




Here's Donna Downey and I at the Midsummer Mega Crop organised by Lainey and Annamarie. We had such a fabby time and I hadn't crafted in so long, it was such a treat to do wonderful classes. Inspiring stuff.


Thanks to Orla for the lift to the station....got home safe and sound, even though there was a 45 min delay just outside the station I wanted to get off at....I was so tempted to just jump ship and walk - but I'm sure they'd have stopped me.


Gosh, I'm such a pale face when you see me beside someone with a tan! Although - not today! I was at a wedding at the weekend and because I didn't have to invest in a new dress (had one since a wedding in Feb), I decided to treat myself to a new do and an all over spray tan. Friday was so miserable it was nice to get something for myself...if you call standing almost buck naked in front of a young wan spraying you with brown sticky liquid as you take various unflattering positions and chat away about the weather, etc, etc. You wouldn't want to think about it. Of course, your dignity goes out the window after you have a baby. I remember an older lady telling me that when I was a teenager and thinking...ya right. Well, how right you were Mary.


The wedding was great fun - an old school mate. But we missed loads of news at home...of course. Tony's cousin got engaged and as they were out on Saturday night chatting about possible dates, there were a few red faces around the table...and subtle requests not to have the wedding in January. They had to come clean and so it turns out that the bride-to-be's two brothers are expecting in January. All the news had to be broken to Auntie Mary later...the poor woman. Great news, but lots to take in. So we introduced the new in-law-to-be to his future family and some of the cousins yesterday at a little party....there were 14 kids under 9...and 3 more under 9 months! What a gang...but he took it all in his stride.


I'm fully back to work now and just got internet working at home so things are getting a little more settled, but as ever, eventful. Here's my favourite pic of June.....
It's one of my favourite places - the South Lake at my Nana and Grandad's house. We brought the girls on the June Bank Holiday and went for a paddle. Later went for a proper swim with my now grown up cousins (that I used to babysit....) and had great fun. Eilis is such a waterbaby and we're trying to get Grace into the swing of it too.
Hopefully, there'll be more swimming in July - weather not so hectic at the moment though.....
Later folks...

1 comment:

Tigger's rambling said...

It was great to catch up with you in Dublin. I love the photo of you and Donna and wow what a fantastic photo of you with the girls....that spot by the lake looks amazing :-)