Monday, July 18, 2011

Explore prompt 1

So here I am. Work in the background. I haven't been feeling overly creative lately; that is to say, I've been more creative. Usually I'm keeping notes of things I'm going to do, projects to make, layouts or photos to scrap but lately I haven't made notes or created much. I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that there are other things I 'should' be doing - cleaning, gardening (weeding), studying, working, exercising, playing with the girls, etc. Difficult to make craftiness a priority but yet it's the most thing I enjoy. I don't think lack of creativity is ever my problem. Usually it's lack of priority or sometimes fear that projects need to be given hours not minutes. Outside my window I'm not particularly inspired. I think that's just today, at work whereas my 'home' view is more positive (albeit a garden requiring attention! But with lots of potential). I decided to take this class because the idea of being prompted back gradually to do something I enjoy appealed to me. Also I'm embarking on a little exploration for a few weeks and thought it would be an interesting time to review and document. Little by little.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Good luck CoCo, I am looking forward seeing what you do.
I admired the way you are naturally creative; I am more the type that can stare to my card or page for hours without being able to find the "solution".

I have a garden full of weeds which makes me feel very very guilty...

Winnie said...

I like your self-portrait and sympathise with you as I haven't felt creative either. Hopefully this class will get our creative juices flowing!

Nance said...

Love your happy photo, Coco. I understand how expensive it is to get stuff shipped fr other countries which is why I am sticking with Studio Calico's monthly subscription. You pay a fixed amount for shipping and order as much as you can to fit in your purolator box. You might want to look at that option. Not sure how much for Ireland but won't hurt to ask. All the best and see you in class. Thanks again for your visit today. Love it!