Monday, December 04, 2006

In the Bleak Midwinter

4th of December…

December is a funny old month. It could be cold and dreary like the rest of winter, but tends to be much anticipated, celebrated and lots of fun! It could mean dark evenings, long nights, rain, wind and cold but instead it means holidays, gifts, family, food, drink, parties and merriment.
Today I'm going to do a layout all about what December means….

….how did that poem we learned in school go?
Cold December brings the sleet,
Blazing fire and Christmas treat.

BTW....did anyone else notice the moon this morning...it was massive...and just like what you would see a silloutte of santa and his sleigh riding by. I didn't see him though...probably a bit too early!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you read my blog, you'll know why you didn't see him! Apparently he only works on the weekends! :o)

Paula J Atkinson said...

I have an altered calendar on my desk at work & it is based on The Garden Year by Sara Coleridge begining with "January brings the snow" & ends with "Chill December brings the sleet." It sits in two Cd cases (I made it too 3D to fit in the one the original calendar came in!!) My workmates want me to keep it so I am making new date bits for it for 2007, it brightens my desk!!! if nothing else does!