Friday, January 19, 2007

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn....

No, I'm not going to tell you...that's just the song going around in my head. The one from Moulin Rouge...
Artist: David Bowie / Massive Attack LyricsSong: Nature Boy Lyrics
Ewan McGregor

There was a boy
A very strangeEnchanted boy
They say he wandered Very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he

And then one day, One magic day
He passed my way
While we spoke
Of many things
Fools and kings
This he said to me

"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love and Be loved in return"

Also had the theme tune to 'Get Smart' for a brief moment there. How off the wall am I?!

Went shopping yesterday evening to get a birthday present for T's niece who will be 6 at the weekend. Being the practical lady I am, I rang her mother and asked if there was anything she specifically needed and sure enough she could do with a new school bag. Pink if possible. I was up to the task. We went home after work for sustainance (sp?) and headed into the shopping centre at 7.15.....managed to be home at 8.15 with a schoolbag .... and.... cheap baby toys as 'emergency presents', two summer dresses and two pairs of trousers for E, two tops and shirt for me and a little backpack for E cos when she saw the schoolbag she wanted one and I decided that it wasn't really giving in as she was well old enough now to pack a bag for herself for the weekend. She is nearly 3 afterall! (and there were the cutest mini rucksacks for €6....how could you leave them).



Which leads me nicely on to Shimelle's free class for the weekend. Confessions. So mine can be any number of things....I overspend, I buy things I don't need, I impulse buy, I don't try on clothes and buy them anyway (and that's why I have to go back to the shopping centre with the shirt and 2 tops I bought cos when I tried them on at home they were cack....not a look I'm going for at the moment. chic and tailored is where I need to be). Maybe this isn't such a bad idea for project afterall. Maybe I should incorporate my credit card into a LO so that I can't use it as frequently....sand the numbers off just in case I'm tempted....

We got home, put E to bed and I started crafting while watching celebrity big brother.....not particularly interested in it, but given all the media hype I wanted to see for myself. I think the trick to all these celebrity shows is to watch the very first episode. If you don't, you'll always be wondering who each person is (celebrity?)....which is why I know what's going on, but T has now asked me, possibly 7 times over the course of the last two weeks.....'Who is that Cleo one?' They didn't have BBC growing up in his house so even Kenny Everett doesn't ring any bells so it's pointless really. I should have just made up something.... She's kinda cool. I like Cleo. Mad Hair.

I need to get my hair cut, I need to get a facial. The way I have that written you might think it is something I do regularly....how wrong. I get my hair cut about twice a year. I'd like to say 3 times, but that's not how the dates work when I think back. As for facials, the only reason I mentioned it is because I have a gift voucher to use up. I don't dye my hair (yet) and don't really want to start as I feel it is a downward slope in terms of expense. My hair is in fairly good condition and the last time I went (summer sometime) the nice man (I can't really call him 'my' hairdresser cos I've only been to him once) said he had a plan for my style but needed my hair to grow a bit more. I think we've got there, so it's time to go back....I'm just debating whether I could wait a while longer and get it done before the wedding on St. Paddy's Day.....so to recap, I spend money on useless casual clothes and yet I don't spend it on my hair. There's a few more confessions.
Plans for the weekend are to...finish the project I started last night....an uber cool covered folder thingy. I like altering....very much at the moment. I have to make a layout for a friend...say no more...all will be revealed later. I have to make thank you cards to my secret santas....I feel particularly bad about this...it's just a card - how hard can that be! I have to package up 2 ATCs that I meant to send away before Christmas. I have to do my Shimelle project and I could do a few more bits like another CJ entry, or decorate more of my Diary box.
Also have to go to a children's party from 2 to 5 on Sunday......what fun :(

No comments: