Friday, February 02, 2007

Save up the Good Times

It's not a song....but a thought that came into my head based on Dad's speech at my wedding. He was doing the whole 'Life is like a....' but used the analogy of silage. Apt, given my DH worked as a silage contractor for (too) many summers, but also there is a strong farming background in both families and he thought it was appropriate. I didn't know where he was going, and was mortified!
Anyway, the gist of it was that you should have an attitude towards life like silage....you save up the good times, like weddings and parties, etc and they get you through the hard times. At the time I didn't pay much heed (too nervous for him and DH), but a few people mentioned about how nice a sentiment it was. How right he was. I'm so glad that we had a wonderful wedding and that although we were young, we were able to celebrate as a full family. No regrets....isn't it great to say.

No comments: