Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Working 9 to 5....

What, two posts in one day....what's the matter? Well I wanted to post up a little bit about the progress of the Crafteire Fundraising and didn't really want to mix it in with my easter story.

Last weekend I started compiling bags for the Crafteire Fundraising and also got some bits from the Irish Cancer Society so things are really coming together. Thanks to the generous donations from lots of wonderful crafters from various Irish forums, I put together 140 goodie bags which will be raffled next weekend in Tullamore. Each bag contains about 5 crafty items varying from rubber stamps to punches, tool kits, books, stickers, embell bags, papers, etc. I spent the weekend mixing things up so all the bags are about equal. On Friday they will be transported by my fabby sis Sharon all the way to Tullamore where I'll be meeting up with herself and Claire to get cracking on setting up the stall. Am getting excited now! Here's some sneak peeks of the wonderful bits that have been donated by all the fabby Irish crafters...so far! There's lots more people who have said they will bring a box along on Friday night so the girlies will have the whole day Saturday to make up more bags and hopefully we'll be able to sell more than the 200 mark.

Also found out that fabby Kirsty Wiseman (who is giving a class that I am mega excited about!) is also available for portraits and so I have put my name down to get my pic taken. Her work is soooo fabby...but also it'll be Kaptured by Kirsty, which is valuable to me in it's own right. Am I vain? to want to get my pic taken nicely.....

Anyhoo, things are hotting up as I said and I'm really looking forward to it all. Am heading off early enough on Friday but have to get my photos sorted before then. Woop woop...I feel in a holiday mood!

1 comment:

Tigger's rambling said...

You did fantastic with the crafty bags...well done :-)