Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Extravaganza Sneaks

So when the lovely Kerry from An Siopa Bui in Spiddal, asked me to teach a class at the coming Spring Extravaganza in Galway next weekend, I was delighted and jumped at the chance. The theme is 'shabby chic' with lots of distressing and also using the gorgeous Darkroom Door stamps from the shop.

The theme of the main layout is 'home' so a pic of your house would be ideal, or something that means home to you. The main colours are blues and greens with a hint of red - so that might be worth keeping in mind for your photo selection too. A garden photo would also work well, but we'll be able to adapt anyway, so don't stress. The photo size I used was a 5x7 and it's best you use a landscape photo please.

Here's a few sneaky peaks:
In addition, seeing as I was feeling so crafty this weekend, and given the 'times' we're in, I gathered up all my scraps and managed to get a second layout complete! I'm not sure that people will get it done in the hour, but I'll have all the instructions and a lot of the cutting will already be complete (I'm super efficient/lazy!!). I scrapped a St. Patricks Day picture in a 6x4 portrait size.
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with some new/established scrappers from the West.

No comments: