Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Taggerama

Jeepers I'm being tagged on all sides....7 little known things about moi?

1. I am an environmental scientist with my own business which I started with a guy from college 7 years ago. We employ 12 staff and I wear power suits with shoulder pads to work every day (NOT!).
2. I have come to the conclusion I am a picky eater...don't eat cheese, pate, smoked fish, most fish other than salmon, trout. We went on honeymoon to Italy - the home of fabulous food (so they say) - didn't suit me at all.... After travelling to budapest though I decided that cold climates suit me better - lots of soups and stews - I loved it! Being picky is also good when you are pregnant as lots of the things you are not supposed to eat - pate, liver, soft cheese....I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole anyway!
3. I don't drink tea or coffee. Wouldn't be able to drink coffee - I really don't like the taste of it. I drink tea to be sociable, but wouldn't make a cup for myself. This also means that I am usually slow to offer someone tea when they come to visit - it's not being impolite - I just forget!
4. I am the oldest of four sisters. Despite being an all girl house we were very sporty - my mother often said wouldn't have had more sports gear to wash if she had 4 lads. In my time I have played camogie, gaelic football, soccer, rugby and basketball competitively. I am currently a couch potato and hate it.... We were girly girls too though - have every shade of MAC eyeshadow when we get together!
5. I played football in Croke Park when I was 12 as part of exhibition during All Ireland final. I was tall for my age and in those days they provided the old fashioned (non elasticated) short shorts....lets just say they were very short! Oh to have that figure again though! I also was probably the only one on the field wearing a bra!
6. I am married to my 'high school' sweetheart for two years (last sat was our anniversary). Our first kiss was on stage as part of the school musical where we had leading roles as Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickock (** blush **), but didn't get together until after the play was over...as all the best movie stars do.
7. I am a home bird. No plans on the world tour - I'd miss my family (and have 1.75 children to look after at the moment). I travelled around the west coast of US after college - camped in Redwood Forest among other places and visited San Francisco, LA, Grand Canyon (you all need to go there at some point in your life), San Diego (didn't cross to Mexico - we were too chicken!) and Las Vegas - my favourite place ever, ever! Has to be seen to be believed. I've never been to Paris....or New York. Once I've done those I'll be happy to stay at home!

Anyone reading this who hasn't been tagged....it's your turn now.

No comments: