Thursday, February 04, 2010

If I won the Lotto....

It’s an obsession of mine. Not so much doing the lotto (thankfully, as that’s the expensive bit), but pondering, planning and plotting what I would do if I won. Tomorrow’s mega Euromillions jackpot of 100 million has heightened the planning and daydreaming this week. I’m pretty much convinced that I will win it (maybe not Friday but some day) and there’s a distinct possibility that I have won the lotto in the past and not claimed it…. The amount of lotto tickets at the bottom of my handbag/purse, etc which end up out of date and unchecked, is not good. So I burn them without checking what might have been…


You see the fun for me is in the daydreaming, but I do believe if you’re not in you can’t win and so I’ll buy when the jackpot is big, but par t of my daydream is hearing on the radio that ‘there was only one winning ticket of the lotto, sold in the West’ and that would be my prompt to check and discover that yes, it’s my ticket. In order to throw people off the ‘scent’ so to speak, I always buy tickets when I’m away somewhere like Dublin or anywhere away from home, which would make it much more difficult to trace me as the winner. I’d like my anonymity. I’d love to be a philanthropist – coming up with ingenious ways of giving away stuff without anyone knowing it was me. It would be such fun. It starts with the ticket though and we’ll see where it goes.


Last weekend we enjoyed Eilis’s birthday – lots of children, cousins, junk food and toys. So close to Christmas! But she really enjoyed it. We made some bead friendship bracelets with her classmates, played dress up and Tony entertained them all with an impromptu game of limbo. No rows, fights or vomit. All in all a good day was had by all. We got Eilis some Spongebob Lego. Wow, Lego is super cool. We’ve made all the small fiddly bits during the week with a view to getting to make Spongebob’s house tonight or over the weekend. And now it’s February!

No comments: